Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scene 3: A Familiar "Walk" (Part 1)

The "Familiar Walk" scene of the dream

BELOVED'S UNFAITHFULNESS

I saw your sense of relief as you drew closer to the procession of people ahead of you on the wilderness trail.  You felt "safe" joining them because the road seemed "familiar".  You felt sure they were on a “Sabbath walk”.

My beloved children, this "Sabbath walk" is the “walk” of Adventism.  It began in 1844 when the early Adventist leaders assumed illegitimate authority by proclaiming the day when I would return for My children.  They took My Father’s name and used it to proclaim a message that He had not given them—as if it was from His mouth, when it was not.  When the founders refused to acknowledge their error and face the truth that they had been wrong about October 22, 1844, they shut the door of their hearts and minds to the Spirit of Truth, and opened themselves up to be further deceived by the enemy...

Rather than submit to My Spirit of Truth, they created their own truth about Me, failing to recognize Me for who I truly am.  In their ardent fervor to preach about My Second Coming they failed to see that they walked away from My gospel!  All they had left then was the religious performance and regimentation of perfecting their "Sabbath walk”.  As a result of holding on to these false beliefs about Me, you who have come after them have remained stuck in “childhood”—stunted by fears and unable to return to the narrow path which alone would lead you to the growth, maturity and harvest in Me that I created you for.


"In their ardent fervor to preach about My Second Coming they failed to see
that they walked away from My gospel... My 'Coming' trumped My Cross!"

The sin of Adventism’s “house” is like the sin of Adam and Eve—it has resulted in countless generations of my beloved Adventist children becoming victims and perpetrators of spiritual abuse.  Since you have been profoundly affected by the company you have been “walking” with in Adventism, following behind those who came before you, you have failed to realize that you have joined in the same cycle of spiritual abuse that began with your spiritual parents.

My beloved children, I see your hidden list of rules, and how your “Sabbath walk” is the filter through which you interpret My love.  You constantly seek My approval through your performance-driven behavior, because you are afraid I will reject you if you don't “march” perfectly.  The less-than-perfect things that you do offer you no reprieve, but You won’t let Me change the motives of your heart.

It makes Me sad to see the deep wounds that fear and shame have left upon your soul.  I see how you stifle your true feelings about Me because you’ve been taught to place greater value on what you’ve been told is truth than how you truly feel inside your heart.  I see how you are afraid to let others on your “Sabbath walk” know how you really feeling inside.  You’re afraid that if they know you’ll be left alone, because they won’t want to have anything to do with you anymore.

But that’s not true, My beloved children.  Let Me become real to you through the hug of a fellow traveler who struggles with the same fears as you.  Let Me become real to you through their understanding eyes and their caring ears.  Let Me become real to you through legs that are willing to walk beside you, and shoulders that I’ve prepared to receive your tears.  How My heart grieves for you, My beloved children, because I am the only One who can heal the deep wounds you have received in the “house” of Adventism.

Just as early Adventists adamantly refused to deal with the bitterness of their disappointment, confess their mistake, and repent of their errors, I see that you are walking in their footsteps and refuse to face the same truth.  In the same way that I called early Adventists to die to their own selfish desires and fall upon Me, I am calling you, My beloved children, to die to your own selfish interests and fall upon Me instead.  It breaks My heart to see you “walk” down that same familiar path.

___________________________________________________________________________

Next: Part 2 of the message for the third scene...