Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scene 2: The Desolate Wilderness

"The Desolate Wilderness" scene of the dream

LOVER'S FAITHFULNESS

 Wilderness "walk" of Adventists

I saw your moment of relief quickly turn to panic when you caught a glimpse of the large procession of people passing you by as they continued on their “wilderness” journey.  You had no idea that they represented past generations of Adventists who have been travelling down this same wilderness path since 1844.

Even though you didn’t know who they were, or where they came from, or where they were going, you were eager to join them because you didn’t want to be alone anymore.  You, and the people who fell in line behind them on the wilderness trail represent this present generation of Adventists, all hoping to find a sense of “closeness” and “family” after you join the procession of Adventists on their wilderness “walk”.   In fact, every generation of Adventists since 1844 has walked down this same wilderness path, seeking the same feelings of “closeness” and “family” as you, My beloved child.

However, those desires for “closeness” and “family” that I created and put in your heart can only truly be met in Me.  That is why I’m calling you into the desolate wilderness, My beloved child.  I am drawing you with cords of loving-kindness because My heart’s desire is to be with you.  How I long to have “closeness” and intimacy with you, like I had with Adam and Eve before they tasted the fruit of disobedience!

I’m calling you—every one of you, My precious children—into the wilderness.  As a Lover, I seek you out so that I might allure you into My presence.  I want you to hear the gentleness in My voice as I tenderly place my arms around you, and remind you that I am betrothed to you forever in love and righteousness.  With My blood I have engraved your name on the palms of My hands.  I have clothed you with My garments of salvation, and covered you in a robe of My righteousness. 

 Your fruitfulness in Me

 I’m not calling you into the wilderness to chastise you for your inability to remain faithful to Me, My beloved.  No!  I’m calling you into the wilderness to assure you that I will always remain faithful in My commitment of love to you.  Righteousness is My belt, and faithfulness is the sash around My waist.  I will maintain My faithful love to you forever, and my covenant with you will never fail.  Although you may reject Me, I will not reject you!  Even when you are unfaithful to Me I do not cast you aside and look for a new bride.  Never!

There is no interruption in the flow of love that comes from Me towards you, because I have swept away your sins like a cloud.  Like the morning mist, they have disappeared.  That is why I see no flaw in you, for you have stolen My heart!  I rejoice over you because you are My bride.  I have called you by name because you are Mine.  I delight in you, My beloved child.

Now I wait for you to respond to My call of love upon your heart.  Will you pick up the cup I offer you to drink in the darkest and loneliest deserts of your life?  Will you accept your Lover’s invitation and come away with Me into the wilderness so that I can heal your brokenness?

My beloved, when I drank the bitter cup of suffering, it was you that I had in mind.  When a cruel spear tore at My flesh and opened up My side, it was for you, My bride.  I tasted death and sorrow for you so that I can make you fruitful in the “land of your suffering”.  How I long for you to share in My cup of joy, because I know your joy will be complete when you finally come to rest in My love!

___________________________________________________________________________

Next: The message for the third scene...